Wednesday 20 June 2007

Getting closer....

I don't have any more pictures right now, but I have made progress on the girdle. As of last night I have 57 1-/2" done. Only 26 1/2" to go. It's going to be 7' long and will probably hang to just about mid-thigh. My goal tonight is to do another 3". Since I am working on the ends at the same time, that will mean 1 1/2" per piece tonight.

The dress is done! I'm going to go to Yvette's next week and spend an evening sewing on the trim. I consolidated the two trim pieces I've already made into one piece that is just about long enough to go around the neck. I'll toss together the arm trim later this week. If I just didn't have to work a 'real' job, I'd be done in no time.

We ordered our cake on Saturday. It's going to be shaped like a castle. My brother-in-law is arranging to get our flowers and do some of the arrangements. The color theme is summer flowers and greenery. And my friend Dawn will be taking the pictures. She's awesome!

We are taking 2 weeks off for our honeymoon. The first week we will be in Florida and the second week we are staying home. We are staying at the South Seas resort on Captiva Island, Florida and will be on the beach. I hope it's as nice as the pictures on the website.

1 comment:

dawn said...

Yayyyyyy!!!!!!