Monday 16 February 2009

Celtic Prayer Beads

I was reading a bead newletter I get and came across this concept http://www.anamcaradallas.org/Celtic_Prayer_Beads.htm. I had never heard of such a thing, so I went to Google and found this site about Pagan prayers http://northernway.org/school/onw/prayers.html. And lo and behold I found reference to our friend Mike Nichols and one of his lovely poems/prayers.
We should play internet based 6 degrees of Mike Nichols. :-)

It seems to be a New Age-NeoPagan-Xtian crossover thing. I think the concept is lovely, but most likely not actually authentic, but what NeoPagan thing is, right? I think I could use the idea to add to my desire to create spiritually themed jewelry and there is at least one festival I attend that it would probably go over well at, but I stuggle with the idea of creating tools for religious concepts I don't follow. Although as a worry-bead chain, it could work... I would have problem trying to pass them off as some sort of authentic Celtic religious concept.

No comments: